Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Training Recap: Summer

I haven't posted any training blogs since the end of July.  So, I thought I would post a recap from the past ten weeks.  Most of it was spent cycling and struggling to run.  It was quite humid all summer long and with my schedule.  I was primarily running during the heat of the day.  The good news is I road strong all summer, but suffered to run.  If I were grading myself I would give myself a B+ on riding and a F for running.  At the end of July I road in several cycling tours and in August.  I road a strong MS 150 Pedal to the Point.  The past 6 weeks I have ran the Buckeye Half Marathon, River Run Half Marathon, and the Akron Half Marathon.  As the daylight decreases and the temps drop.  I will be focusing more on running and distance races while trying to get in some riding when weather permits.

Running:  230 miles with an average pace of 9:39

Cycling:  2,541 miles with an average speed of 18.3

Total miles:  2,771

Calories burned:  112,868

BEAL

1 comment:

Jason said...

gotta love 112,868 calories burned.

The question is now that fall is here how many of those get consumed via the version of pumpkin ale?