Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Rite Aid Cleveland Marathon Training Recap





I thought I would write a quick training recap as I'm basically finished with marathon training as of today.  I'll do a quick jog on Saturday to take the legs out of recovery mode and knock the rust off.

Overall, I couldn't be happier with how training went.  Sure, I had my moments and pains like everyone else, but I was basically injury free for the past 18 weeks.  Last year when I first started training for my first marathon, this is how I pictured it would be.  This year has gone much better.  The weather for the most part was good.  Though, I think March and Aprils weather patterns were switched.  I did get a total of three 20 mile runs in and each one I improved my time and this has helped my confidence a lot.  Even though I've lost 18 pounds already this year, I had hoped to be lighter on race day.  Regardless, I feel much more prepared for Sunday than I was last year.

Below are my 18 week training totals:

Total miles:  1,326

Running:  646 miles at a 9:16 average pace.

Cycling:  678 miles at 17.6 mph

Swimming:  1 mile

Time invested in training:  140 hours 43 minutes and 27 seconds.

Cals burned 132,347.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

woot woot for the fruity pie bike!