Monday, August 20, 2012

My Liebster Post

Hey everyone.  I haven't blogged in awhile.  Mostly because I haven't raced since the Fairport Triathlon and I have been too busy training for Rev3 Sandusky.  This week, I got Liebstered by two inspiration friends of mine.  What does Liebster mean?  I am not exactly sure what it means, but I need to list 11 random facts about me.  Then answer 11 questions posed from Adena and Kristy.

While writing this blog.  I remembered I owe some answers to a few of my friends.  Over the winter, I asked if anyone had any random questions they wanted answered by Beal.  Ask and I would answer them in a blog.  Well, I got busy and never answered the questions.  So, I will try and find those questions and will be answering them soon.  Also, if you have a question, feel free to leave a comment or message me and I will answer them in a soon to be posted blog.

11 Random Beal facts:

1. I grew up refusing to eat vegetables.  As a baby I would scrape them off my tongue.  My mom spoiled my as I grew up by always cooking me a separate dish that had the vegetables taken out.  They still even do this today with certain things.

2. I was recruited while in college to train for being a professional wrestler in the WWE.

3. I'm a huge NASCAR fan and my favorite driver is Dale Earnhardt Jr.

4.  I hate when people sing out loud in public.

5. My favorite movie of all time is Smokey and the Bandit.  As a kid, I wanted to grow up and be a truck driver.

6.  My biggest fear is snakes

7.  I'm a big creature of habit and am not comfortable when my routine changes.

8.  Apparently, I tell good stories while training.

9.   I've lived in Ohio, Tennessee, Kentucky, Indiana, and Michigan.

10.  I struggle at choosing between two things.

11.  I'm left handed.


Adena's 11 questions for me:
1. If I gave you $5000 right this minute what would you do with it?

As tempted as I would be to spend it on some new Zipp 404 carbon clinchers and a new Sram Red drivetrain for my bike.  I think I would go on a killer vacation.  I haven't been on a vacation in awhile and I think I deserve one. 

2. What’s in your fridge RIGHT NOW?

Beer, Gatorade, steak, and lunch meat. 

3. Do you have any tricks to motivate yourself out the door on days when you don’t feel like working out?

I really don't need motivation.  If I am not really into it, I just tell myself the sooner I start.  The sooner I'll be finished. 

4. What’s your favourite meal?
  

Duh, Chipotle. 

5. Have you always been athletic?
  If no, what got you started?

I have always been athletic and have played sports since I was a little kid. 

7. Where is your favorite place to be?


Out riding my bike on a calm sunny day. 

8. Favorite song at the moment? 
 

It is Recharger by Fear Factory




9. What was the last thing that made you laugh so hard you practically (or did) cried?


I can't remember any specific instance, but probably something on Tosh.O

10. Starbucks or Tim Hortons?


I've never been to Tim Hortons, so Starbucks

11. What is your guilty pleasure? 


I have 2.  One is playing Call Of Duty online.  My other is watching the Jersey Shore. 
Kristy's questions for me:

1. How/Why did you start running?

I started running to lose weight.  

2. What is your reach goal (time, race or distance challenge)?

My goal is to complete an Ironman someday. 

3. How has running changed your life?

It has helped me lose weight.  It has also helped me meet some really cool people and i've made some great friends through running. 

4. Do you treat yourself for a great race or well done hard workout? If so, with what?

After a race I like to enjoy a few Christmas Ales and some Chipotle.  If its a long race, then I may get some pizza. 

5. Are you involved in your local running community/running groups?

Not at the moment. 

6. Do you prefer to run with a group or solo?

I prefer to train solo, but I enjoy group runs from time to time. 

7. What's your favorite race (event not distance) that you've run so far? and why?

Akron Marathon.  It is such a great event.  A fun yet challenging route, great crowd support, plenty of volunteers, finish inside a minor league baseball stadium, free beer at the finish, and its on a Saturday. 

8. Which ONE Olympic running event/performance inspired you the most?

Probably the 5K.  Watching them run a sub 4 minute mile after running 2 miles was truly amazing. 

9. If you could run one event in the Olympics, which would it be?

Which ever one is the shortest.  Lol.  Na, I would love to do the Individual Time Trial (cycling)

10. What do you think about the minimalist movement, and do you wear minimalist shoes?

I think it is good for the right people.  It isn't something you can just jump into, which most people do and get hurt.  I think when used correctly, minimalist shoes are great.  I do have a pair of Brooks Pure Cadence, which are a in between minimalist and standard shoe. 

11. If you could go on a run with any person, who would it be and why?

If you are talking famous people, I would say Miranda Carfrae.  Or I would run with my old Sunday run crew.  I don't miss the weather, but they were fun to run with.  







4 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad you posted Beal, it was fun to read!!

adena said...

Hey thanks for playing!! We have some stuff in common, like our fridge contents. hahaha

Great stuff here!! You rock! I'm gonna you the 'the sooner you start, the sooner you finish' next workout.

adena said...

oh and I also love Dale Jr, loved Dale Sr and was sad when he died. Hasn't been the same for me since he passed away really.

Anonymous said...

I miss our Sunday morning runs too. Maybe we'll bring those back in the winter.