Monday, March 18, 2013

Week 2 of training

Another week is in the books.  This week was pretty similar as the week before.  Except for my post swim run on Tuesday was increased from 30 minutes to 45 minutes.  The weather continues to not cooperate with my training as Friday was my only outdoor ride.  It wasn't a lot of fun with wind chills in the 30's, but I had no other choice.  My swimming went pretty decent this week.  I got some good tips from Westlake's swim coach and I swam a personal best of 3,000 yards during Sunday's masters class.  On Saturday I did the St. Malachi 5 miler in less than favorable conditions.  Overall, it was a decent week of training.  I'm starting to get antsy to train outside regularly.  My first big race is rapidly approaching and I'm still pretty far away from my race weight.

This coming week will be fairly similar.  Unfortunately, the weather will be similar too and I may not get out on the bike.  I'm looking forward to Saturday as I will be heading to Columbus for a  Retul 3D bike fitting on my TRI bike.


Monday:  20 mile ride. 

Tuesday:  1 hour swim / 45 minute run.
Wednesday:  10 mile ride.

Thursday:  1 hour swim / 30 minute run
Friday:  15 mile ride

Saturday:  St. Malachi 5 miler

Sunday:  90 minute swim 

BEAL

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A 90 min swim, that's crazy. I can't even imagine it.