Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 Year in review.

2010 has been a great year for me.  It was my 2nd year of cycling and my first year of competitive running.  I also competed in my first duathlon and 2 half marathons.  My mileage totals will be accurate, but the hours, cals, and climbing will be off.  I have only been tracking those since I began using a Garmin in May.    My proudest moment has to be the Fall Classic Marathon.  I  PR'd my first half marathon by 14 minutes to become a sub two hour runner 5 weeks after my first half marathon.  Most disappointing moment, would have to be today.  The only event I didn't PR all year.  Without further ado...here we go!!!

Total miles:  5,204
Cycling:  4,678
Running:  526
Total Calories:  246,445
Total feet climbed:  89,633
Time spent running + riding:  366 hours
Weight lost:  29 pounds.

Running events:  Akron 1/2 Marathon (2 hr 10 Min.)  The Fall Classic 1/2 Marathon (1 hr 55 min) Pigskin Classic 5K (25 min 51 sec)  The Great New Years Eve 5K (26 min).

Duathlon:  Nordonia Hills Duathlon (1 hr 20 min)

Cycling:  Think Spring Ride (35) , Ride of Silence (20), Sunday in June (64),  Ice Cream Odyssey (64), ABC Beautiful Country Ride (100), Sweet Corn Challenge (50), MS 150 Pedal to the Point (175).

Funniest line I heard:  "Can we slow down, You're hurting me." - Team Haywire member who kept up with me for 20 miles at the MS Pedal to the Point.  I dropped him and made it 80 miles in 3 hours 15 minutes.

So, its been a good year.  I just wonder what I could do if I lived in an area that didn't have such crappy weather.  Thanks for checking out my year in review.  Stop back tomorrow for my 2011 RACE SCHEDULE!!!!!!!

BEAL

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

An impressive share! I have just forwarded this onto a colleague who had been conducting a little homework on this.
And he in fact ordered me lunch simply because I found it for him...
lol. So allow me to reword this.... Thanks for the meal!!
But yeah, thanx for spending time to discuss this topic
here on your internet site.

Look into my blog - followers cost-free