Friday, December 31, 2010

Race Day - The Great New Years Eve Race

Today is The Great New Years Eve Race.  The distance is 5k and the location is in Stow, Ohio.  This will be 4th time I have said this will be my last race of the year.  I have a feeling I may be right on this one.  I am not a huge fan of 5K's.  I have only done one once before (Pigskin Classic), but I couldn't get comfortable and establish a rhythm that I can on longer runs.  I am hoping it was the weather that day as the conditions were not favorable.  Snow, 22 mph head wind off Lake Erie, and a long climb at the finish that led to a disappointing time of 25:51.  I really have not expectations for today.  This week has been the first in roughly a month that I have ran with "intent" and haven't had much speed.  So, I am going in too today's race to have fun and reflect on the past year.  I came up with an idea that I would give a pre-race report much like this before each event.  Hope you enjoy!!

Location:  Stow, Ohio - Stow Highschool
Event:  The Great New Years Eve Race - running
Distance:  5K

Gear:  Nike LunarGlides, CEP compression socks, Nike dri fit clothing, and Garmin Forerunner 305

iPod Mix
1. Air rade
2.  Blitzkrieg by Metallica
3.  Rock is dead by Marilyn Manson
4.  Control Me by Surrounder
5.  Future Shock by Dj Virus
6.  Echoes by Thomas Trouble
7. Superstar (dub mix) by Dave May
8.  Can't Stop by Midas
9.  Don't Go by Andre Visier

BEAL

No comments: