Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Rite Aid Cleveland Marathon 10K - Week 18 training

Rejoice people of Northeast Ohio.  I looks like Spring is finally here, or atleast judging be the end of last week.  It was a rough start with rain on Monday and snow on Tuesday, but I was able to get outside to train the rest of the week.  I've begun to focus on a few different things in my training.  Not only is the Rite Aid Cleveland Marathon approaching, but also a couple duathlons.  For those of you who are not familiar with a duathlon.  Its like a Triathlon, but instead of swimming the first leg.  You do a run.  So, it's typically a run/ bike / run.  I've also started lifting again to help with my races and also to get ready for a vacation I have shortly after the Rite Aid Cleveland Marathon.

This was a good block of training.  It's a little different from those of you who are training for the marathon as when taper begins, those of us doing shorter races are ramping things up.  Hopefully everyone's training is going well and your excitement for race day is starting to build like mine.  My plan for this week is to continue to build on last week.  


Meet my running buddy last week, Mack.  He's the new girl's 9 month old Golden Doodle.
Excuse the alien eyes as those are from the camera's flash. 


Monday:  4 mile run.

Tuesday:  4.50 mile run.

Wednesday:  6 mile run / 30 minute weights

Thursday:  4.50 mile run / 30 minute weights

Friday:  22 mile ride

Saturday:  22.23 mile ride / 30 minute ride. 

Sunday:  4.13 mile run. 

Total miles:  83.74

Calories burned:  7,790

No comments: