Sunday, January 2, 2011

Week 1 of 20

The Cleveland Marathon is on May 15th this year.  This past week was my first week of what will be 20 weeks of training.  This week I primarily focused on running to get back what speed I had lost over the holidays.  Thankfully, mother nature was kind to us in Northeast Ohio as it was in the 50's several days.

Running:  30 total miles
                 - 20 Outside
                 - 10 Inside
Average Pace 9:06

Cycling:  Two 45 minute spin sessions on the CycleOps.

Weight training:  1 session:  Bench 1x12 155lbs 1x8 175lbs 1x4 195lbs
                                             Incline Bench 3x12 115lbs
                                             T-Bar Row 3x15 72.5lbs
                                             Close Grip Pullups 3x13 (Weight assisted)
                                             Military Press 3x12 55lbs
                                             Pull ups 2x10 15lbs

Overall, I am pretty satisfied with this week's training.  I felt much stronger running at the end of the week than I did at the beginning.  I also had a successful 5K on New Years Eve finishing 256th out of 734 people.  My biggest accomplishment was getting outside.  This is my first winter running outside and with a new coat.  I was warm and toasty today at 20 degrees.  This next week I want to keep the same miles running, but add some additional time on the bike.  I also need to make up for my missed swimming session this week and arm workout.

BEAL

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Looking forward to reading about your training. I'm running the same marathon...it will be my 2nd.

Beal88 said...

Thanks for checking out my blog. That's really cool that you will be running CLE again. How was it your first time?

Lindsay said...

Ahh, I wrote that unclearly. Akron marathon was my first marathon and it was a great experience and a course that I would recommend, long hill and all. First time doing CLE this spring!

Beal88 said...

Congrats on surviving Akron as your first marathon. I grew up in Akron, so I am very familiar with the "Blue Line." I am going to try and survive both this year. I can't wait for the opportunity to run down Market into the Stadium.