Monday, March 7, 2011

Week 10 of 20 Marathon training



 Can you see I am a Lunar Glide fan?


HALFWAY!!!  Wow, hard to believe I am halfway through my training program.  May 15th is still two and a half months away, but it feels pretty close at times.  Apart from two weeks with what appears to be dead legs.  The training has been exceptional.  I have ran multiple runs over 13 miles.  Even one of 18 and a couple 15 mile runs.  Overall, week 10 was a pretty good week.  I felt much better this week, much more like myself.  The only negative aspect of this week was the Shamrock 15k.  I had been looking forward to running this event since I learned about it on 12/31.  Unfortunately, the weather forecast Saturday morning for race day was 2-4 inches of snow.  Due to the weather and the fact that I have never ran in snow or slick conditions.  So, the decision was made to stick to my training program and do a long run of 15 miles on Saturday and skip the race.  The good new is that I PR'd my 15 mile time by 3 minutes and had an average time of 9:09.  I still have a few lingering regrets on not racing this past Sunday, but I am focused on the "bigger picture."  Looks like a little better weather is in store for this week.  Hopefully it will be dry enough to be outdoors this weekend as my long run will be 20 miles.


Running:  43 total miles
                 - 20 Outside
                 - 23 Inside

Average Pace:  9:06

Cycling:  1 hour 30 minutes on trainer.

Swimming: 1 swim session. 

Weight training:  1 session:  Bench 1x12 135lbs 1x8 145lbs 1x4 155lbs
                                             Incline Bench 3x12 100lbs
                                             T-Bar Row 2x15 75lbs
                                             Close Grip Pullups 3x12 (Weight assisted)
                                             Military Press 3x15 55lbs
                                             Pull ups 3x15 15lbs

Weight training session 2:  Incline curls 3x12 25 lbs
                                           Preacher curls 3x12 80lbs
                                           Tricep pulldown 3x12 85lbs
                                           Reverse Tri pulldown (one arm) 3x15 45lbs
                                           Reverse Preacher curl (straight bar) 3x12 50lbs
                                           ABS


Calories burned:  8,323
Weight loss this week:  0
Weight loss YTD:  9lbs


BEAL

No comments: