Monday, February 7, 2011

Week 6 of 20 Marathon training

That is a wrap on another week in training.  We are still mired in a winter hell here in Ohio and it was another week that I was stuck running indoors.  The best way to describe this week is before Thursday and after Thursday.  On Thursday I came down with a weird sinus issue.  I was able to still run, but my strength was zapped.  It definitely affected my time on the bike and weight training.  The good news is that I was able to complete my running program and actually posted some of my best times at the end of the week.  I am currently in a 10 day grind with no off day till this Friday.  My long run this week will be 15 miles on Saturday.  Hopefully I will continue to feel better as the week goes on.  When thinking about writing my recap on the week.  I kept wanting to sand bag what I was doing.  Why would I do that?  Well, I made a fun bet with @shellsruns Winner of the Chili Bowl 5K on 2/19 gets a free beer from the loser.  So, let the sandbagging begin!  I am only a cyclist impersonating a runner and will be lucky to finish in an hour.  Lol.
Running:  38 total miles
                 - 0 Outside
                 - 38 Inside

Average Pace: 9:07

Cycling:  1 hour  35 minutes on the trainer.


Swimming: 1 swim session. 

Weight training:  1 session:  Bench 1x12 160lbs 1x4 185lbs 1x2 205lbs
                                             Incline Bench 3x10 115lbs
                                             T-Bar Row 2x15 75lbs
                                             Close Grip Pullups 3x10 (Weight assisted)
                                             Military Press 3x15 55lbs
                                             Pull ups 3x15 15lbs


Weight training session 2:  Incline curls 3x12 25 lbs
                                           Preacher curls 3x12 75lbs
                                           Tricep pulldown 3x12 80lbs
                                           Reverse Tri pulldown (one arm) 3x12 45lbs
                                           Reverse Preacher curl (straight bar) 3x12 45lbs
                                           ABS


Calories burned:  8,096
Weight loss this week:  1lbs
Weight loss YTD:  8lbs


BEAL

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice work this week, you are a beast! I love it. Keep up the good training. Also I kinda stole your cardio song of the week idea and started my own Run song of the week.

Big Daddy Diesel said...

I am a cyclist and wont ever claim to be a runner, I suck at it and hate doing it